Passenger AIS Data
Vessels not only carry goods but also people for the purpose of transportation. These data packages contain all vessels over 100 meters which partly or completely transport passengers, e.g., ferries.
Historical FleetMon data packages are probably the best basis for analyzing vessel movements. We receive, process and prepare the data for your convenience, so you get the perfect data experience.
Well-structured data and a comprehensive description allows you to work with the data immediately. No complicated AIS decoders or a long sales process is required to receive exactly the data you need in the fastest possible way. All FleetMon AIS data packages, as well as the port call data, can be used with any software (ex. Microsoft Excel).
Data Set Specifications
- Sources of AIS data: Satellite and Terrestrial
- The data time range is between the first day of the selected month at 00:00:00 UTC and the first day of the following month at 00:00:00 UTC (for example January 2020's time range is between 01 Jan 2020 at 00:00:00 UTC and 01 Feb 2020 at 00:00:00 UTC).
- In addition to the vessel positions, you can purchase the port calls of these vessels. A port call is the period of time during which the ship has been in a port zone and has come to a standstill. Learn more about port calls.
- Data has been extracted for the Global region.
- The data is provided as a .csv file. Read more about the AIS standard.
FleetMon operates one of the largest vessel databases in the world. We have selected the vessel types from our vessel database, which has been created in collaboration with more than half a dozen classification societies.
When purchasing the data, you will receive an extract from the vessel database with the parameters that you have chosen. The output is based on the current database status.